- Mihai and his crew were incredibly professional, flexible with our moving target install date, and did amazing work. Flawless installation! If you are going to spend good money on flooring, you better invest in quality installation like Unique Flooring to make sure the final product comes out great!
- Highly recommended!!! – on time, on budget, no surprises, and the highest quality workmanship I have ever seen. Thank you Mihai! – from Ross-Google Reviews
Best Professional & Local
Hardwood Flooring Stairs & Railings
Company Near Me in Chicago, IL
“We Are Offering Top Quality Flooring Services In Windy City”
And we will share with you all the hidden fees that can occur, before we start the flooring installation project at your residential or commercial property!
HARDWOOD FLOORING STAIRS & RAILINGS PHOTOS FROM OUR CHICAGO PROJECTS
Highlights From UNIQUE Flooring
Serving Chicago And The Surrounding Areas
OVER 20 YEARS
How UNIQUE Flooring Works
IN HOME VISIT & CONSULTATION
Your flooring manager will bring samples and help you pick up the hardwood floors that you love, measure the rooms and provide you a final price estimate.
Our professional hardwood flooring installers will arrive, perform the scheduled project and make sure that your place is in prime condition before they leave.
CONGRATULATIONS YOU DID IT
Enjoy your new floors. We look forward to see you again and we appreciate your friend references!
Hardwood Flooring Stairs & Railings Services
The Best Local Flooring Company Near Chicago
- At Unique Hardwood Flooring, we are proud to be a local flooring company in Chicago and Chicago land area. We specialize in stairs & railings installations, repairs, restorations, refinishing for solid, finished and unfinished floor type at a better cost.
- We are not only your experts in hardwood floor installation, staining, repair, maintenance or refinishing, but also the experts you need and look everywhere for when it comes to all types of stairs and railings that you need installed, repaired or refinished, in your house.
- We work with innovative companies like Home Depot, Lowe’s, LL Flooring or Floor Décor that are leaders in stair parts industry with the widest range of styles and designs that will fit perfectly any type of house, personality and interior design.
- Expert advice and service are always our top priority for all our Windy City clients.
- You can choose from a wide range of wood, to special finishes, classic designs and urbanistic design.
We serve the whole Chicago land area including the suburbs from Naperville to Wilmette. In our many years of experience we completed many of Chicago’s hardwood flooring stairs & railings projects from commercial buildings to residential homes.
Everything that you might think of, we can make it possible for you. Just let us know exactly how the dream stairs look like to you and we will make your dream come true in no time, with no stress on your side, as clean as possible, as fast as we can and without you having to pay a fortune for the work and materials.
TRUST THE NUMBERS
PROJECTS IN TIME
NO HIDDEN FEES
UNIQUE HARDWOOD FLOORING STAIRS AND RAILINGS CONTRACTOR NEAR CHICAGO
INCREDIBLY PROFESSIONAL & FLEXIBLE
COMMUNICATIVE, PUNCTUAL, RESPONSIVE
- Mihai and John replaced dingy old carpet on my condo stairs and in our condo common area stairs with oak.
- They started on time, finished on time, were very communicative, and did excellent work. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to others, and I’d be happy to use them for an upcoming floor refinishing job for myself-from Anthony Pinter , Google Reviews
EXCELLENT SERVICE & DETAIL ORIENTED
- We hired Unique Flooring to install hardwood flooring in our bedrooms to match the hardwood flooring throughout the rest of our house.
- WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM AND WOULD HIRE THEM BACK FOR ANY FUTURE WORK. Michael and the team provided excellent service.
- They were punctual, detail oriented, professional and considerate. It was a perfect experience and we love our new floors. Thank you – Shirley Criddle, Google Reviews
Regardless if you need to install your floor on boards or concrete we can help you resolve all your flooring problems!
20 MINUTES(or less)
ALL WOOD TYPES OF HARDWOOD FLOORING INSTALLATION
- Oak Flooring
- Mapple Flooring
- Cherry Flooring
- Bamboo Flooring
Chicago Flooring Services
We provide several flooring services that include:
- hardwood flooring
for residential, commercial and industrial hardwood flooring clients.
Hardwood Flooring Stairs & Railings Tips and Tricks
Installing and maintaining hardwood stairs and railings is closer to being an art than a craft. You not only have to be aware of your options and what to keep in mind when planning for your staircase but you also need to know how to avoid planning mistakes that may compromise your desired design.
In fact, the design of your stair will affect your railing layout options. The stair must be built to facilitate the railing layout/design you have in mind. They don’t have to be built at the same time but they have to be planned with each other in mind.
We at hardwood-flooring-chicago.com take pride in what we do. Our goal is and always will be to provide high quality service to all our customers and treat each job, no matter if big or small with the same professionalism and respect and provide quality service. The happiness of our clients is what makes us better with every year and gives us the determination to keep serving our customers with the best services we can offer.
Give us a call right away or just fill up an estimate request on our website and we will be more than happy to stop by your place, inspect your stairs and railings and make a decision that will fit your schedule, your personality and most importantly your budget.
Here are some steps you need to take to get the results you want during the stairs & railings installation process:
- Determine the type of wood you are up against for the stairs or for the railings
- Decide if you are using metal, glass or wood for the railings, or a combination of them
- Test sanding and staining to get a feel for what’s ahead.
- Do the necessary puttying and sand off.
- Vacuum and tack cloth all surfaces.
Stain & Top coat
- Stain and smooth /even out the color with sanding techniques.
- Apply top coating, with thin brushing which give a better finish than thick coats.
- Maintaining and finishing your stairs is no small undertaking.
- Stairs & Railings requires meticulous preparation and a general understanding of how wood works with stains and paints.
“Hire a professional like us to help you with your dreams.”
FAMILY OWNED, LICENSED, BONDED & INSURED
DON'T SPEND MORE
A better price from a hardwood flooring contractor does not mean better work and some of our clients found themselves in the situation of spending more, before we took over, from improper estimates, lack of experieince or extended work time, job delays, claimed material availability. Check out our testimonials and reviews first!
We guarantee you that you will love your new floor. Read our stelar reviews or drop us a line to find out if we have chemistry. We aim for perfectiona and we hope you too. You choose the mode, the color, the finish, now it’s time for us to start working on installing the floor so you can enjoy it in no time.
MUST BE DONE PROPERLY
No matter what your choices are, what kind of floor you envision having, we will always have an option for you and recreate your floor to reflect your personality, style and dreams.
We stand 100% behind our work!
TIME IS MONEY FOR BOTH
You finally decided to switch the old carpet in your living room with hardwood floor. That is probably one of the best decisions you ever made and there are a few reasons why.
- First on the list is the variety of colors, textures, styles, and species that you can chose from. Also you can choose either the pre-finished or the unfinished hardwood floor, depending on your likes and style.
- No matter how diverse and unique your needs are, there is always an option for you with hardwood floors. The second advantage on the list is the low maintenance.
- Hardwood floors and floor finish are easier to clean and keep clean for a longer period of time, than carpets
- Probably one of the most important advantages of all is the indoor air quality. With hardwood floors the quality of indoor air increases substantially due to the lack of fibers, grout lines or embossing that can trap dust, pollen, particles, animal dander and allergens that for sure are to be found in a carpet covered floor.
- Hardwood floors are the best choice of flooring with allergy sufferers and improve air quality. Another important pro hardwood characteristic is its ageless quality.
- When other floors will begin to look tired and worn, your hardwood floors will still look beautiful. And your hardwood floors become more valuable as time goes by.
- Also keep in mind that unlike carpeting and vinyl, hard wood floors can be refinished rather than replaced when the finish has worn out.
Top Choice in Chicago for Best Hardwood Flooring Stairs & Railings Professionals
- Unique Flooring is focused on providing excellent services with the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- You can choose from a wide range of wood, to special finishes, classic designs and urbanistic design.
- We will minimize the cost keeping the high quality craftsmanship.
- We will save you time keeping the professionalism of the work we are trusted to finish, and when we will be done, you will be more than happy with the outcome.
- Call us today or request a free visit and wait no longer to have your new hardwood stairs and railings installed or your old ones restored to their original beauty.
- Whoever you choose and trust moving forward please make sure they will not compromised your dream design and vision
- Say no to scratches, fix these insect damages, the food stains and spill damages, and restore the color and shine of your beautiful hardwood stairs
- Trust us with all the repairs and services your stairs might need, and we guarantee you that you’ll love them even more than you did in the first place
- If they look old, worn out and need your attention and your care to regain all these great attributes they had in the first place, we can change all that and make them look like brand new again.
- For that, and many more, we are here for you, to recreate your beautiful stairs and railings flooring.
- Just give us a call and you’ll have new stairs in no time!
Frequently Asked Questions About
Stairs & Railings Installation in Chicago
Can I use hardwood flooring for stairs?
Yes, you can use hardwood flooring for stairs. However, there are a few things to keep in mind when doing so.
- First, you need to choose the right type of hardwood flooring. Not all hardwoods are created equal. Some are more durable than others. For stairs, you’ll want to choose a hardwood that is resistant to scratches and dents.
- Second, you need to make sure that the hardwood flooring is properly installed. Stairs are a high-traffic area, so it’s important to make sure that the flooring is securely attached.
- Third, you need to be careful about how you care for the hardwood flooring. Hardwood flooring is beautiful, but it can be damaged if it’s not properly cared for. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on the flooring.
If you follow these tips, you can enjoy the beauty and durability of hardwood flooring on your stairs for many years to come.
How much does it cost to hardwood a staircase?
The cost of hardwooding a staircase will vary depending on the size and complexity of the staircase, the type of hardwood used, and the labor costs in your area. However, you can expect to pay anywhere from $1,000 to $5,000 for the project.
Here are some factors that will affect the cost of hardwooding your staircase:
- The size and complexity of the staircase: A larger or more complex staircase will cost more to hardwood than a smaller or simpler staircase.
- The type of hardwood used: Different types of hardwood have different costs. Oak is one of the most popular types of hardwood for staircases, but it can be more expensive than other types of hardwood.
- The labor costs in your area: The cost of labor will vary depending on where you live. Labor costs are typically higher in urban areas than in rural areas.
If you are on a budget, there are a few things you can do to save money on the project. You can choose a less expensive type of hardwood, or you can do some of the work yourself. However, it is important to note that hardwooding a staircase is a complex project, and it is best to leave it to the professionals if you do not have the experience or the tools necessary to do the job yourself.
Here are some tips for finding a reputable contractor to hardwood your staircase:
- Get multiple estimates from different contractors.
- Make sure the contractor is licensed and insured.
- Ask the contractor for references and check them.
- Get everything in writing, including the cost of the project, the materials that will be used, and the timeline for completion.
By following these tips, you can find a reputable contractor to hardwood your staircase and get the beautiful and durable staircase you have always wanted.
Does my railings have to match the new hardwood floor?
No, the railing does not have to match the floor. In fact, it can be quite stylish to have a contrasting railing. For example, if you have a light-colored floor, you could have a dark-colored railing. Or, if you have a patterned floor, you could have a solid-colored railing. The key is to choose a railing that complements the overall look of your home.
Here are some things to consider when choosing a railing:
- The style of your home: If you have a traditional home, you might want to choose a traditional railing. If you have a modern home, you might want to choose a modern railing.
- The color of your floor: If you have a light-colored floor, you might want to choose a dark-colored railing. Or, if you have a dark-colored floor, you might want to choose a light-colored railing.
- The pattern of your floor: If you have a patterned floor, you might want to choose a solid-colored railing. Or, if you have a solid-colored floor, you might want to choose a patterned railing.
No matter what style of railing you choose, make sure it is made from high-quality materials and is securely installed. This will ensure that your railing is safe and will last for many years to come.
What is the best way to care for hardwood stairs and railings?
The best way to care for hardwood stairs and railings is to vacuum them regularly with a soft-bristled vacuum cleaner. You should also avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on the stairs and railings. If the stairs or railings become scratched or scuffed, you can use a furniture polish to restore their shine.