- Mihai and his crew were incredibly professional, flexible with our moving target install date, and did amazing work. Flawless installation! If you are going to spend good money on flooring, you better invest in quality installation like Unique Flooring to make sure the final product comes out great!
- Highly recommended!!! – on time, on budget, no surprises, and the highest quality workmanship I have ever seen. Thank you Mihai! – from Ross-Google Reviews
PROJECTS IN TIME
NO HIDDEN FEES
INCREDIBLY PROFESSIONAL & FLEXIBLE
COMMUNICATIVE, PUNCTUAL, RESPONSIVE
- Mihai and John replaced dingy old carpet on my condo stairs and in our condo common area stairs with oak.
- They started on time, finished on time, were very communicative, and did excellent work. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to others, and I’d be happy to use them for an upcoming floor refinishing job for myself-from Anthony Pinter , Google Reviews
EXCELLENT SERVICE & DETAIL ORIENTED
- We hired Unique Flooring to install hardwood flooring in our bedrooms to match the hardwood flooring throughout the rest of our house.
- WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM AND WOULD HIRE THEM BACK FOR ANY FUTURE WORK. Michael and the team provided excellent service.
- They were punctual, detail oriented, professional and considerate. It was a perfect experience and we love our new floors. Thank you – Shirley Criddle, Google Reviews
Regardless if you need to install your floor on boards or concrete we can help you resolve all your flooring problems!
- Oak Flooring
- Mapple Flooring
- Cherry Flooring
- Bamboo Flooring
DON'T SPEND MORE
A better price from a hardwood flooring contractor does not mean better work and some of our clients found themselves in the situation of spending more, before we took over, from improper estimates, lack of experieince or extended work time, job delays, claimed material availability. Check out our testimonials and reviews first!
We guarantee you that you will love your new floor. Read our stelar reviews or drop us a line to find out if we have chemistry. We aim for perfectiona and we hope you too. You choose the mode, the color, the finish, now it’s time for us to start working on installing the floor so you can enjoy it in no time.
MUST BE DONE PROPERLY
No matter what your choices are, what kind of floor you envision having, we will always have an option for you and recreate your floor to reflect your personality, style and dreams.
We stand 100% behind our work!
You finally decided to switch the old carpet in your living room with hardwood floor. That is probably one of the best decisions you ever made and there are a few reasons why.
- Despite the fact that wood in its natural state has breathtaking beauty, sometimes its natural look doesn’t match the personality and the style within a house. This are the cases when staining comes in. Adding stain to bare or stripped wood can both change the color and highlight the grain pattern of any interior wood.
- Staining is the final part when it comes to a hardwood floor makeover. We started with the sanding process and now, the hardwood floor is ready for staining.
- The choice of color and style is yours. You can either choose to stain it or you can leave the bare wood and only apply a coat of sealer to protect it.
- There is a wide variety of hardwood floor colors, textures, styles, and species that you can chose from. Also you can choose either the pre-finished or the unfinished hardwood floor, depending on your likes and style. This will give you the chance to incorporate the color of your floor into the style of your house and make it match your personality.For example, if your house is decorated with whites, blues and greys and has a beach theme, maybe a sandy looking floor will look good, but a major effect can be obtained by staining your floor white or even gray.
No matter what your dream floor looks like, we are 100% sure we can make it happen. Just let us take care of it and you’ll love your new floor.
- Staining can only be done after sanding the hardwood floor, therefore, before starting the staining process we need to make sure that the hardwood floor is properly cleaned from all the dust left behind from the sanding. Once the surface is cleaned, we can proceed. Applying the stain will be done following the grain of the wood, and making sure that we apply the proper quantity and reach all areas.
- After the coat of staining is applied we need to give it enough time to dry properly so we can lightly sand the whole surface again.
- Once this last sanding operation is completed, we will apply the second coat of polyurethane.
- From the moment the staining is completed, the surface will need at least 24 hours to properly dry, before you can start bringing the furniture back and enjoy the new hardwood floor, but we are positive it will be worth the wait.
- Once everything is dry and ready to use, you’ll fall in love with your new hardwood floor and you’ll think about making changes in the rest of the house.
No worries, we are here and we are more than happy to help you.
- Moreover, we can work within your budget so you don’t have to wait until you have “enough” money to get that floor makeover you were dreaming about since you moved in your new place.
Just give us a call or access our website at www.hardwood-flooring-chicago.com for a free estimate and we will be more than happy to have you as our clients.
- Unique Flooring is focused on providing excellent services with the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- You can choose from a wide range of wood, to special finishes, classic designs and urbanistic design.
- We will minimize the cost keeping the high quality craftsmanship.
- We will save you time keeping the professionalism of the work we are trusted to finish, and when we will be done, you will be more than happy with the outcome.
- Call us today or request a free visit and wait no longer to have your new hardwood stairs and railings installed or your old ones restored to their original beauty.
- Whoever you choose and trust moving forward please make sure they will not compromised your dream design and vision
- Say no to scratches, fix these insect damages, the food stains and spill damages, and restore the color and shine of your beautiful hardwood stairs
- Trust us with all the repairs and services your stairs might need, and we guarantee you that you’ll love them even more than you did in the first place
- If they look old, worn out and need your attention and your care to regain all these great attributes they had in the first place, we can change all that and make them look like brand new again.
- For that, and many more, we are here for you, to recreate your beautiful flooring.
- Just give us a call and you’ll have new hardwood flooring in no time!
How much does it cost to stain a hardwood floor?
The cost of staining a hardwood floor depends on a number of factors, including the size of the floor, the type of wood, the condition of the floor, and the geographic location. However, you can expect to pay anywhere from $1.00 to $2.50 per square foot.
Here are some factors that will affect the cost of staining your hardwood floor:
- The size of the floor: A larger floor will cost more to stain than a smaller floor.
- The type of wood: Different types of wood have different costs. Oak is one of the most popular types of wood for hardwood floors, but it can be more expensive than other types of hardwood.
- The condition of the floor: If the floor is in good condition, it will cost less to stain than if the floor is in poor condition.
- The geographic location: The cost of labor and materials will vary depending on where you live. Labor costs are typically higher in urban areas than in rural areas.
Can you just stain hardwood floors?
Yes, you can just stain hardwood floors, but it is not recommended. Staining hardwood floors without sanding first can lead to uneven results, and it can also make the floors more susceptible to damage.
When you stain hardwood floors, the stain penetrates the wood fibers. If the wood is not sanded first, the stain will only sit on the surface of the wood, which can lead to uneven results. The stain may also be more likely to chip or fade over time.
Sanding the hardwood floors before staining them removes the top layer of wood, which exposes the fresh wood fibers. This allows the stain to penetrate the wood more evenly, which results in a more consistent finish. It also makes the floors more durable and resistant to damage.
If you are planning to stain your hardwood floors, it is best to sand them first. This will ensure that you get the best possible results.
What is the best stain to use on hardwood floors?
The best stain to use on hardwood floors depends on a number of factors, including the type of wood, the desired color, and the level of durability required. Here are a few things to consider when choosing a stain for your hardwood floors:
- Type of wood: Different types of wood require different types of stains. For example, oak floors typically require a water-based stain, while maple floors can be stained with either water-based or oil-based stains.
- Desired color: The color of the stain you choose will depend on the natural color of the wood and the desired overall look. For example, a light-colored stain will make the wood appear lighter, while a dark-colored stain will make the wood appear darker.
- Level of durability: If you want your hardwood floors to be as durable as possible, you should choose a stain that is specifically designed for high-traffic areas. These stains are typically oil-based and offer more protection from scratches and scuffs.
Here are a few of the most popular types of stains for hardwood floors:
- Water-based stains: Water-based stains are easy to apply and clean up, and they are less likely to yellow over time. However, they are not as durable as oil-based stains.
- Oil-based stains: Oil-based stains are more durable than water-based stains, and they offer more protection from scratches and scuffs. However, they are more difficult to apply and clean up, and they can yellow over time.
- Semi-transparent stains: Semi-transparent stains allow the natural beauty of the wood to show through, while adding a hint of color.
- Opaque stains: Opaque stains completely cover the natural color of the wood, and they offer the widest range of colors to choose from.
No matter what type of stain you choose, it is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully. This will ensure that you get the best possible results and that your hardwood floors will last for years to come.
What is the best way to apply stain to hardwood floors?
There are a few different ways to apply stain to hardwood floors. The best way to apply stain will depend on the type of stain you are using and the desired results.
Here are a few tips for applying stain to hardwood floors:
- Prepare the floor: Before you start staining, it is important to prepare the floor properly. This includes cleaning the floor thoroughly and removing any dust or debris. You may also want to sand the floor lightly to remove any imperfections.
- Apply the stain: Once the floor is prepared, you can start applying the stain. There are a few different ways to apply stain, but the most common method is to use a lambswool applicator. Apply the stain in the direction of the grain, and be sure to apply an even coat.
- Allow the stain to dry: Once you have applied the stain, you will need to allow it to dry completely. This can take several hours, depending on the type of stain you are using.
- Apply a finish: Once the stain is dry, you can apply a finish to protect the floor. This will help to prevent the stain from fading or chipping.
What are the secrets to staining hardwood floors correclty?
Here are some additional tips for applying stain to hardwood floors:
- Use a drop cloth to protect the surrounding area from spills.
- Wear gloves and a dust mask to protect yourself from the stain.
- Open windows or use a fan to ventilate the area.
- Test the stain in an inconspicuous area first to make sure you like the color.
- Apply the stain in thin coats.
- Allow each coat of stain to dry completely before applying the next coat.
- Do not overwork the stain.
- Clean up any spills immediately.
By following these tips, you can apply stain to your hardwood floors like a pro and get the results you want.