- Mihai and his crew were incredibly professional, flexible with our moving target install date, and did amazing work. Flawless installation! If you are going to spend good money on flooring, you better invest in quality installation like Unique Flooring to make sure the final product comes out great!
- Highly recommended!!! – on time, on budget, no surprises, and the highest quality workmanship I have ever seen. Thank you Mihai! – from Ross-Google Reviews
PROJECTS IN TIME
NO HIDDEN FEES
INCREDIBLY PROFESSIONAL & FLEXIBLE
COMMUNICATIVE, PUNCTUAL, RESPONSIVE
- Mihai and John replaced dingy old carpet on my condo stairs and in our condo common area stairs with oak.
- They started on time, finished on time, were very communicative, and did excellent work. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to others, and I’d be happy to use them for an upcoming floor refinishing job for myself-from Anthony Pinter , Google Reviews
EXCELLENT SERVICE & DETAIL ORIENTED
- We hired Unique Flooring to install hardwood flooring in our bedrooms to match the hardwood flooring throughout the rest of our house.
- WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM AND WOULD HIRE THEM BACK FOR ANY FUTURE WORK. Michael and the team provided excellent service.
- They were punctual, detail oriented, professional and considerate. It was a perfect experience and we love our new floors. Thank you – Shirley Criddle, Google Reviews
Regardless if you need to install your floor on boards or concrete we can help you resolve all your flooring problems!
- Oak Flooring
- Mapple Flooring
- Cherry Flooring
- Bamboo Flooring
DON'T SPEND MORE
A better price from a hardwood flooring contractor does not mean better work and some of our clients found themselves in the situation of spending more, before we took over, from improper estimates, lack of experieince or extended work time, job delays, claimed material availability. Check out our testimonials and reviews first!
We guarantee you that you will love your new floor. Read our stelar reviews or drop us a line to find out if we have chemistry. We aim for perfectiona and we hope you too. You choose the mode, the color, the finish, now it’s time for us to start working on installing the floor so you can enjoy it in no time.
MUST BE DONE PROPERLY
No matter what your choices are, what kind of floor you envision having, we will always have an option for you and recreate your floor to reflect your personality, style and dreams.
We stand 100% behind our work!
You finally decided to switch the old carpet in your living room with hardwood floor. That is probably one of the best decisions you ever made and there are a few reasons why.
- First on the list is the variety of colors, textures, styles, and species that you can chose from. Also you can choose either the pre-finished or the unfinished hardwood floor, depending on your likes and style.
- No matter how diverse and unique your needs are, there is always an option for you with hardwood floors. The second advantage on the list is the low maintenance.
- Hardwood floors and floor finish are easier to clean and keep clean for a longer period of time, than carpets
- Probably one of the most important advantages of all is the indoor air quality. With hardwood floors the quality of indoor air increases substantially due to the lack of fibers, grout lines or embossing that can trap dust, pollen, particles, animal dander and allergens that for sure are to be found in a carpet covered floor.
- Hardwood floors are the best choice of flooring with allergy sufferers and improve air quality. Another important pro hardwood characteristic is its ageless quality.
- When other floors will begin to look tired and worn, your hardwood floors will still look beautiful. And your hardwood floors become more valuable as time goes by.
- Also keep in mind that unlike carpeting and vinyl, hard wood floors can be refinished rather than replaced when the finish has worn out.
- Unique Flooring is focused on providing excellent services with the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- The installation process can be done fast and clean, with last generation equipment and high end tools. You don’t have to worry about spending your time struggling to remove the old carpet.
- We will do that for you in a minimum of time required, as clean as possible, without any damage to walls or stairs and without interfering with your activities in any other part of the house.
- Once the carpet is out and the room cleaned, we will proceed to the installation process, following all the necessary steps to make sure that everything will come out perfect.
What is hardwood floor sanding?
Hardwood floor sanding is the process of removing the top layer of finish from hardwood floors. This is typically done in preparation for refinishing or repair. Hardwood floor sanding can be a dusty process, so it is important to take precautions to protect your home. We employ dustless sanding with our latest technology and newer equipment.
What is dustless sanding?
Dustless sanding is a method of sanding that captures the dust created by the sanding process and prevents it from entering the air. This can be done using a variety of methods, including:
- Connecting the sander to a vacuum cleaner. This is the most common method of dustless sanding. The vacuum cleaner will collect the dust as it is created, preventing it from entering the air.
- Using a dustless sanding system. Dustless sanding systems are designed to capture dust more effectively than traditional vacuum cleaners. They typically use a combination of vacuuming and filtration to remove even the smallest particles of dust.
- Wet sanding. Wet sanding is a method of sanding that uses water to lubricate the sandpaper and prevent dust from being created. This method is often used for sanding wood, as it can help to prevent the wood from drying out and cracking.
Dustless sanding is a safer and more environmentally friendly way to sand. It can help to reduce the risk of respiratory problems, and it can also help to protect the environment by preventing dust from being released into the air.
Here are some of the benefits of dustless sanding:
- Reduced dust exposure. Dustless sanding helps to reduce the amount of dust that is created during the sanding process. This can help to protect your health and the health of others, especially if you have allergies or asthma.
- Cleaner work environment. Dustless sanding creates a cleaner work environment. This is because the dust is captured and filtered, rather than being released into the air. This can make it easier to see what you are doing and it can also help to prevent dust from settling on surfaces and objects.
- Reduced cleanup time. Dustless sanding reduces the amount of cleanup time required after sanding. This is because the dust is already captured and filtered, so there is no need to sweep or vacuum up dust.
- Improved finish quality. Dustless sanding can help to improve the finish quality of your project. This is because the dust does not interfere with the sanding process, so you can get a smoother, more even finish.
Unique Hardwood Flooring uses only dustless sanding technology and equipment.
Why do I need to sand my hardwood floors?
There are a number of reasons why you might need to sand your hardwood floors. Some of the most common reasons include:
- To remove scratches and scuffs
- To remove old finish
- To repair damage
- To change the color of the wood
How often should I sand my hardwood floors?
The frequency with which you need to sand your hardwood floors will depend on a number of factors, including the type of wood, the traffic level, and the level of care. However, as a general rule, you should sand your hardwood floors every 5 to 10 years.
How much does it cost to sand hardwood floors?
The cost of sanding hardwood floors will vary depending on the size of the project, the type of wood, and the contractor’s rates. However, in general, hardwood floor sanding costs between $3 and $5 per square foot.
What steps are involved in sanding hardwood floors?
The steps involved in sanding hardwood floors will vary depending on the contractor, but they typically include the following:
- Preparation: The contractor will first remove any furniture or rugs from the area to be sanded. They will then vacuum and clean the floors.
- Sanding: The contractor will then use a variety of sanding machines to remove the top layer of finish. The number of passes with the sander will depend on the condition of the floors.
- Dust collection: The contractor will use a dust collection system to remove the dust from the sanding process.
- Finishing: The contractor will then apply a new finish to the floors. The type of finish will depend on the desired look and the type of wood.