- Mihai and his crew were incredibly professional, flexible with our moving target install date, and did amazing work. Flawless installation! If you are going to spend good money on flooring, you better invest in quality installation like Unique Flooring to make sure the final product comes out great!
- Highly recommended!!! – on time, on budget, no surprises, and the highest quality workmanship I have ever seen. Thank you Mihai! – from Ross-Google Reviews
Best Professional & Local
Hardwood Flooring Sanding
Company Near Me in Chicago, IL and Suburbs
“We Are Offering Top Quality Flooring Services In Windy City”
And we will share with you all the hidden fees that can occur, before we start the flooring installation project at your residential or commercial property!
HARDWOOD FLOORING SANDING PHOTOS FROM OUR CHICAGO PROJECTS
Highlights From UNIQUE Flooring
Serving Chicago And The Surrounding Areas
OVER 20 YEARS
How UNIQUE Flooring Works
IN HOME VISIT & CONSULTATION
Your flooring manager will bring samples and help you pick up the hardwood floors that you love, measure the rooms and provide you a final price estimate.
Our professional hardwood flooring installers will arrive, perform the scheduled project and make sure that your place is in prime condition before they leave.
CONGRATULATIONS YOU DID IT
Enjoy your new floors. We look forward to see you again and we appreciate your friend references!
Hardwood Flooring Sanding Services
The Best Local Flooring Company Near Chicago
At Unique Hardwood Flooring, we are proud to be a local flooring company in Chicago and Chicago land area. We specialize in hardwood floor installations, repairs, restorations, refinishing for solid, finished and unfinished floor type at a better cost. Our Chicago Flooring team offers best hardwood flooring prices compared with Home Depot, Lowe’s, LL Flooring or Floor Decor decreasing your hardwood flooring cost. No matter how small or large your project is, we provide exactly what you are looking for. Expert advice and service are always our top priority for all our Windy City clients.
We serve the whole Chicago land area including the suburbs from Naperville to Wilmette. In our many years of experience we completed many of Chicago’s hardwood flooring installation projects from commercial buildings to residential homes. From engineered floor installation and repairs on plywood or concrete to finished hardwood flooring, we covered all types of hardwood floor installations in Chicagoland. At Unique Hardwood Flooring, we offer all types of professional flooring services you might need.
TRUST THE NUMBERS
PROJECTS IN TIME
NO HIDDEN FEES
UNIQUE HARDWOOD FLOORING SANDING CONTRACTOR NEAR CHICAGO
INCREDIBLY PROFESSIONAL & FLEXIBLE
COMMUNICATIVE, PUNCTUAL, RESPONSIVE
- Mihai and John replaced dingy old carpet on my condo stairs and in our condo common area stairs with oak.
- They started on time, finished on time, were very communicative, and did excellent work. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to others, and I’d be happy to use them for an upcoming floor refinishing job for myself-from Anthony Pinter , Google Reviews
EXCELLENT SERVICE & DETAIL ORIENTED
- We hired Unique Flooring to install hardwood flooring in our bedrooms to match the hardwood flooring throughout the rest of our house.
- WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM AND WOULD HIRE THEM BACK FOR ANY FUTURE WORK. Michael and the team provided excellent service.
- They were punctual, detail oriented, professional and considerate. It was a perfect experience and we love our new floors. Thank you – Shirley Criddle, Google Reviews
Regardless if you need to install your floor on boards or concrete we can help you resolve all your flooring problems!
20 MINUTES(or less)
ALL WOOD TYPES OF HARDWOOD FLOORING
- Oak Flooring
- Mapple Flooring
- Cherry Flooring
- Bamboo Flooring
Chicago Flooring Services
We provide several flooring services that include:
- hardwood flooring
for residential, commercial and industrial hardwood flooring clients.
Hardwood Flooring Sanding Tips and Tricks
Here are a few things you need to know when doing a hardwood sanding job:
- Sanding hardwood floor a job for the professionals simply because even if you’ve used a floor sander before, you could do more harm than good to your floors in no time at all. Before you can even begin to think about applying a new finish, you’ll need to have your hardwood floor sanded down to the natural wood to remove the old finish and repair any scratches or grooves.
- Depending on your needs, a professional hardwood worker will determine which method is best to sand your hardwood floors: a commercial grade floor sander finishes the job faster and easier while a hand-held drum sander allows more control in the process. Either way, improper usage of a commercial grade floor sander or of a hand-held drum sander can cause severe damage to the floor, that’s why is important to always hire a serious professional.
Expect The Unexpected
- Be ready for the prep/finishing process to take more time and be more physically taxing than you think.
Remove Shoe Molding
- Plan to remove the shoe molding and to replace painted shoe molding with a shoe that’s the same species as your floor.
Try It First!
- Try a practice run of the process on an area that is hidden most of the time.
- Use a belt floor machine with a very coarse 36 grit on to remove all of the old seal and to level the floor.
- Go with the wood grain and remove all wood chips and dust prior to each step of polishing and lacquering to achieve the best result.
- Use a sweeping motion to obtain the desired finish.
“Avoid the temptation to keep going over stains or irregularities with the hope that they will go away; they won’t.”
- While it is true that many people dream of having stunning hardwood flooring in their home, they do not realize that this takes some periodic repair and finishing.
- Done regularly, floor repair and refinishing work best when executed by a professional hardwood flooring specialist.
- This way you can enjoy that nice finish and make sure to work is done without harm to both your floor and your checkbook!
FAMILY OWNED, LICENSED, BONDED & INSURED
DON'T SPEND MORE
A better price from a hardwood flooring contractor does not mean better work and some of our clients found themselves in the situation of spending more, before we took over, from improper estimates, lack of experieince or extended work time, job delays, claimed material availability. Check out our testimonials and reviews first!
We guarantee you that you will love your new floor. Read our stelar reviews or drop us a line to find out if we have chemistry. We aim for perfectiona and we hope you too. You choose the mode, the color, the finish, now it’s time for us to start working on installing the floor so you can enjoy it in no time.
MUST BE DONE PROPERLY
No matter what your choices are, what kind of floor you envision having, we will always have an option for you and recreate your floor to reflect your personality, style and dreams.
We stand 100% behind our work!
TIME IS MONEY FOR BOTH
You finally decided to switch the old carpet in your living room with hardwood floor. That is probably one of the best decisions you ever made and there are a few reasons why.
- First on the list is the variety of colors, textures, styles, and species that you can chose from. Also you can choose either the pre-finished or the unfinished hardwood floor, depending on your likes and style.
- No matter how diverse and unique your needs are, there is always an option for you with hardwood floors. The second advantage on the list is the low maintenance.
- Hardwood floors and floor finish are easier to clean and keep clean for a longer period of time, than carpets
- Probably one of the most important advantages of all is the indoor air quality. With hardwood floors the quality of indoor air increases substantially due to the lack of fibers, grout lines or embossing that can trap dust, pollen, particles, animal dander and allergens that for sure are to be found in a carpet covered floor.
- Hardwood floors are the best choice of flooring with allergy sufferers and improve air quality. Another important pro hardwood characteristic is its ageless quality.
- When other floors will begin to look tired and worn, your hardwood floors will still look beautiful. And your hardwood floors become more valuable as time goes by.
- Also keep in mind that unlike carpeting and vinyl, hard wood floors can be refinished rather than replaced when the finish has worn out.
Top Choice in Chicago for Best Hardwood Flooring Sanding Professionals
- Unique Flooring is focused on providing excellent services with the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- The installation process can be done fast and clean, with last generation equipment and high end tools. You don’t have to worry about spending your time struggling to remove the old carpet.
- We will do that for you in a minimum of time required, as clean as possible, without any damage to walls or stairs and without interfering with your activities in any other part of the house.
- Once the carpet is out and the room cleaned, we will proceed to the installation process, following all the necessary steps to make sure that everything will come out perfect.
What is hardwood floor sanding?
Hardwood floor sanding is the process of removing the top layer of finish from hardwood floors. This is typically done in preparation for refinishing or repair. Hardwood floor sanding can be a dusty process, so it is important to take precautions to protect your home. We employ dustless sanding with our latest technology and newer equipment.
What is dustless sanding?
Dustless sanding is a method of sanding that captures the dust created by the sanding process and prevents it from entering the air. This can be done using a variety of methods, including:
- Connecting the sander to a vacuum cleaner. This is the most common method of dustless sanding. The vacuum cleaner will collect the dust as it is created, preventing it from entering the air.
- Using a dustless sanding system. Dustless sanding systems are designed to capture dust more effectively than traditional vacuum cleaners. They typically use a combination of vacuuming and filtration to remove even the smallest particles of dust.
- Wet sanding. Wet sanding is a method of sanding that uses water to lubricate the sandpaper and prevent dust from being created. This method is often used for sanding wood, as it can help to prevent the wood from drying out and cracking.
Dustless sanding is a safer and more environmentally friendly way to sand. It can help to reduce the risk of respiratory problems, and it can also help to protect the environment by preventing dust from being released into the air.
Here are some of the benefits of dustless sanding:
- Reduced dust exposure. Dustless sanding helps to reduce the amount of dust that is created during the sanding process. This can help to protect your health and the health of others, especially if you have allergies or asthma.
- Cleaner work environment. Dustless sanding creates a cleaner work environment. This is because the dust is captured and filtered, rather than being released into the air. This can make it easier to see what you are doing and it can also help to prevent dust from settling on surfaces and objects.
- Reduced cleanup time. Dustless sanding reduces the amount of cleanup time required after sanding. This is because the dust is already captured and filtered, so there is no need to sweep or vacuum up dust.
- Improved finish quality. Dustless sanding can help to improve the finish quality of your project. This is because the dust does not interfere with the sanding process, so you can get a smoother, more even finish.
Unique Hardwood Flooring uses only dustless sanding technology and equipment.
Why do I need to sand my hardwood floors?
There are a number of reasons why you might need to sand your hardwood floors. Some of the most common reasons include:
- To remove scratches and scuffs
- To remove old finish
- To repair damage
- To change the color of the wood
How often should I sand my hardwood floors?
The frequency with which you need to sand your hardwood floors will depend on a number of factors, including the type of wood, the traffic level, and the level of care. However, as a general rule, you should sand your hardwood floors every 5 to 10 years.
How much does it cost to sand hardwood floors?
The cost of sanding hardwood floors will vary depending on the size of the project, the type of wood, and the contractor’s rates. However, in general, hardwood floor sanding costs between $3 and $5 per square foot.
What steps are involved in sanding hardwood floors?
The steps involved in sanding hardwood floors will vary depending on the contractor, but they typically include the following:
- Preparation: The contractor will first remove any furniture or rugs from the area to be sanded. They will then vacuum and clean the floors.
- Sanding: The contractor will then use a variety of sanding machines to remove the top layer of finish. The number of passes with the sander will depend on the condition of the floors.
- Dust collection: The contractor will use a dust collection system to remove the dust from the sanding process.
- Finishing: The contractor will then apply a new finish to the floors. The type of finish will depend on the desired look and the type of wood.