- Mihai and his crew were incredibly professional, flexible with our moving target install date, and did amazing work. Flawless installation! If you are going to spend good money on flooring, you better invest in quality installation like Unique Flooring to make sure the final product comes out great!
- Highly recommended!!! – on time, on budget, no surprises, and the highest quality workmanship I have ever seen. Thank you Mihai! – from Ross-Google Reviews
PROJECTS IN TIME
NO HIDDEN FEES
INCREDIBLY PROFESSIONAL & FLEXIBLE
COMMUNICATIVE, PUNCTUAL, RESPONSIVE
- Mihai and John replaced dingy old carpet on my condo stairs and in our condo common area stairs with oak.
- They started on time, finished on time, were very communicative, and did excellent work. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to others, and I’d be happy to use them for an upcoming floor refinishing job for myself-from Anthony Pinter , Google Reviews
EXCELLENT SERVICE & DETAIL ORIENTED
- We hired Unique Flooring to install hardwood flooring in our bedrooms to match the hardwood flooring throughout the rest of our house.
- WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM AND WOULD HIRE THEM BACK FOR ANY FUTURE WORK. Michael and the team provided excellent service.
- They were punctual, detail oriented, professional and considerate. It was a perfect experience and we love our new floors. Thank you – Shirley Criddle, Google Reviews
Regardless if you need to install your floor on boards or concrete we can help you resolve all your flooring problems!
- Oak Flooring
- Mapple Flooring
- Cherry Flooring
- Bamboo Flooring
DON'T SPEND MORE
A better price from a hardwood flooring contractor does not mean better work and some of our clients found themselves in the situation of spending more, before we took over, from improper estimates, lack of experieince or extended work time, job delays, claimed material availability. Check out our testimonials and reviews first!
We guarantee you that you will love your new floor. Read our stelar reviews or drop us a line to find out if we have chemistry. We aim for perfectiona and we hope you too. You choose the mode, the color, the finish, now it’s time for us to start working on installing the floor so you can enjoy it in no time.
MUST BE DONE PROPERLY
No matter what your choices are, what kind of floor you envision having, we will always have an option for you and recreate your floor to reflect your personality, style and dreams.
We stand 100% behind our work!
You finally decided to switch the old carpet in your living room with hardwood floor. That is probably one of the best decisions you ever made and there are a few reasons why.
- First on the list is the variety of colors, textures, styles, and species that you can chose from. Also you can choose either the pre-finished or the unfinished hardwood floor, depending on your likes and style.
- No matter how diverse and unique your needs are, there is always an option for you with hardwood floors. The second advantage on the list is the low maintenance.
- Hardwood floors and floor finish are easier to clean and keep clean for a longer period of time, than carpets
- Probably one of the most important advantages of all is the indoor air quality. With hardwood floors the quality of indoor air increases substantially due to the lack of fibers, grout lines or embossing that can trap dust, pollen, particles, animal dander and allergens that for sure are to be found in a carpet covered floor.
- Hardwood floors are the best choice of flooring with allergy sufferers and improve air quality. Another important pro hardwood characteristic is its ageless quality.
- When other floors will begin to look tired and worn, your hardwood floors will still look beautiful. And your hardwood floors become more valuable as time goes by.
- Also keep in mind that unlike carpeting and vinyl, hard wood floors can be refinished rather than replaced when the finish has worn out.
- Unique Flooring is focused on providing excellent services with the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- The installation process can be done fast and clean, with last generation equipment and high end tools. You don’t have to worry about spending your time struggling to remove the old carpet.
- We will do that for you in a minimum of time required, as clean as possible, without any damage to walls or stairs and without interfering with your activities in any other part of the house.
- Once the carpet is out and the room cleaned, we will proceed to the installation process, following all the necessary steps to make sure that everything will come out perfect.
HARDWOOD FLOORING REFINISHING
IN CHICAGO AND SUBURBS
Refinishing a hardwood floor costs roughly the same as purchasing a good quality rug or carpet needed to cover the floor. In fact, if you do it yourself, you might significantly cut down on costs, get rid of the hazards that a hard to clean carpet poses to you, and, most importantly, enjoy the hardwood flooring you have always envied in your friends’ or relatives’ houses.
If, as the saying goes, every soldier carries a marshal’s baton in his knapsack, then every hardwood floor hidden under a dirty carpet is looking for a chance to be introduced to the world. Here are some steps you need to take in order to bring your old hardwood floor to life again:
- Remove any carpeting from the area by cutting and rolling in sections manageable for carrying out to the trash.
- Clean the floor and scrape off any piece old stuck to your wood floor.
- Remove the wooden trims along the walls and if you want to reuse them be careful not to damage them.
- Clean old stains and other coverings and sand any scratched areas.
- Fill in any large unsightly holes with wood filler. This is glue or putty that you can stain over.
- Finally, apply the coating of your choosing evenly onto the floor. Repeat as necessary.
Last but not least, even before you start refinishing your hardwood floor or contract the job to a professional, it is important to that each wood species has its own particularities. For instance, white oak and red oak floors are easy to refinish, so are cheery and/or Brazilian cherry, though they require extra sanding. Maplewood, however, is rather tricky to refinish and incredibly challenging to stain. Now you are in the know! Give us a call or get to work!