- Mihai and his crew were incredibly professional, flexible with our moving target install date, and did amazing work. Flawless installation! If you are going to spend good money on flooring, you better invest in quality installation like Unique Flooring to make sure the final product comes out great!
- Highly recommended!!! – on time, on budget, no surprises, and the highest quality workmanship I have ever seen. Thank you Mihai! – from Ross-Google Reviews
PROJECTS IN TIME
NO HIDDEN FEES
INCREDIBLY PROFESSIONAL & FLEXIBLE
COMMUNICATIVE, PUNCTUAL, RESPONSIVE
- Mihai and John replaced dingy old carpet on my condo stairs and in our condo common area stairs with oak.
- They started on time, finished on time, were very communicative, and did excellent work. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to others, and I’d be happy to use them for an upcoming floor refinishing job for myself-from Anthony Pinter , Google Reviews
EXCELLENT SERVICE & DETAIL ORIENTED
- We hired Unique Flooring to install hardwood flooring in our bedrooms to match the hardwood flooring throughout the rest of our house.
- WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM AND WOULD HIRE THEM BACK FOR ANY FUTURE WORK. Michael and the team provided excellent service.
- They were punctual, detail oriented, professional and considerate. It was a perfect experience and we love our new floors. Thank you – Shirley Criddle, Google Reviews
Regardless if you need to install your floor on boards or concrete we can help you resolve all your flooring problems!
- Oak Flooring
- Mapple Flooring
- Cherry Flooring
- Bamboo Flooring
DON'T SPEND MORE
A better price from a hardwood flooring contractor does not mean better work and some of our clients found themselves in the situation of spending more, before we took over, from improper estimates, lack of experieince or extended work time, job delays, claimed material availability. Check out our testimonials and reviews first!
We guarantee you that you will love your new floor. Read our stelar reviews or drop us a line to find out if we have chemistry. We aim for perfectiona and we hope you too. You choose the mode, the color, the finish, now it’s time for us to start working on installing the floor so you can enjoy it in no time.
MUST BE DONE PROPERLY
No matter what your choices are, what kind of floor you envision having, we will always have an option for you and recreate your floor to reflect your personality, style and dreams.
We stand 100% behind our work!
You finally decided to switch the old carpet in your living room with hardwood floor. That is probably one of the best decisions you ever made and there are a few reasons why.
- First on the list is the variety of colors, textures, styles, and species that you can chose from. Also you can choose either the pre-finished or the unfinished hardwood floor, depending on your likes and style.
- No matter how diverse and unique your needs are, there is always an option for you with hardwood floors. The second advantage on the list is the low maintenance.
- Hardwood floors and floor finish are easier to clean and keep clean for a longer period of time, than carpets
- Probably one of the most important advantages of all is the indoor air quality. With hardwood floors the quality of indoor air increases substantially due to the lack of fibers, grout lines or embossing that can trap dust, pollen, particles, animal dander and allergens that for sure are to be found in a carpet covered floor.
- Hardwood floors are the best choice of flooring with allergy sufferers and improve air quality. Another important pro hardwood characteristic is its ageless quality.
- When other floors will begin to look tired and worn, your hardwood floors will still look beautiful. And your hardwood floors become more valuable as time goes by.
- Also keep in mind that unlike carpeting and vinyl, hard wood floors can be refinished rather than replaced when the finish has worn out.
- Unique Flooring is focused on providing excellent services with the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- The installation process can be done fast and clean, with last generation equipment and high end tools. You don’t have to worry about spending your time struggling to remove the old carpet.
- We will do that for you in a minimum of time required, as clean as possible, without any damage to walls or stairs and without interfering with your activities in any other part of the house.
- Once the carpet is out and the room cleaned, we will proceed to the installation process, following all the necessary steps to make sure that everything will come out perfect.
What is the most durable hardwood floor available?
All hardwood floors that are used for flooring are very dependable and resilient. They do have their different scales of hardness that you will find by referring to the Janka Hardness and Stability Chart. Some of the most popular species of wood that are used for flooring are Hard Maple, Red Oak, Cherry, Ash and Birch. Of these species listed , even thought they do have different scales of hardness, you will not see a great difference under normal wear and tear.
What is the difference between a prefinished and unfinished flooring?
The prefinished hardwood floor is end matched with a tight micro-beveled edge, and has up to 10 coats of aluminum oxide finish. The unfinished floors come end matched with a square edge and must be finished on site . Both floors come with a 25-year structural warranty.
How does moisture affect my hardwood flooring?
Excessive moisture can lead to numerous changes to your floor , such as cupping, buckling or cracking. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you do not use water to clean your floors.
Do I need a moisture barrier if it is above grade?
Yes. We recommend using a vapor barrier of 15-pound felt paper. This vapor barrier should be laid between the hardwood flooring and the wood subfloor to prevent any moisture from getting to the floor.