- Mihai and his crew were incredibly professional, flexible with our moving target install date, and did amazing work. Flawless installation! If you are going to spend good money on flooring, you better invest in quality installation like Unique Flooring to make sure the final product comes out great!
- Highly recommended!!! – on time, on budget, no surprises, and the highest quality workmanship I have ever seen. Thank you Mihai! – from Ross-Google Reviews
Best Professional & Local
Hardwood Flooring Contractor
Company Near Me in Chicago, IL and Suburbs
“We Are Offering Top Quality Flooring Services In Windy City”
And we will share with you all the hidden fees that can occur, before we start the flooring installation project at your residential or commercial property!
HARDWOOD FLOORING INSTALLATION PHOTOS FROM OUR CHICAGO PROJECTS
Highlights From UNIQUE Flooring
Serving Chicago And The Surrounding Areas
OVER 20 YEARS
How UNIQUE Flooring Works
IN HOME VISIT & CONSULTATION
Your flooring manager will bring samples and help you pick up the hardwood floors that you love, measure the rooms and provide you a final price estimate.
Our professional hardwood flooring installers will arrive, perform the scheduled project and make sure that your place is in prime condition before they leave.
CONGRATULATIONS YOU DID IT
Enjoy your new floors. We look forward to see you again and we appreciate your friend references!
Hardwood Flooring Installation Services
The Best Local Flooring Company Near Chicago
At Unique Hardwood Flooring, we are proud to be a local flooring company in Chicago and Chicago land area. We specialize in hardwood floor installations, repairs, restorations, refinishing for solid, finished and unfinished floor type at a better cost. Our Chicago Flooring team offers best hardwood flooring prices compared with Home Depot, Lowe’s, LL Flooring or Floor Decor decreasing your hardwood flooring cost. No matter how small or large your project is, we provide exactly what you are looking for. Expert advice and service are always our top priority for all our Windy City clients.
We serve the whole Chicago land area including the suburbs from Naperville to Wilmette. In our many years of experience we completed many of Chicago’s hardwood flooring installation projects from commercial buildings to residential homes. From engineered floor installation and repairs on plywood or concrete to finished hardwood flooring, we covered all types of hardwood floor installations in Chicagoland. At Unique Hardwood Flooring, we offer all types of professional flooring services you might need.
TRUST THE NUMBERS
PROJECTS IN TIME
NO HIDDEN FEES
UNIQUE HARDWOOD FLOORING INSTALLATION CONTRACTOR NEAR CHICAGO
INCREDIBLY PROFESSIONAL & FLEXIBLE
COMMUNICATIVE, PUNCTUAL, RESPONSIVE
- Mihai and John replaced dingy old carpet on my condo stairs and in our condo common area stairs with oak.
- They started on time, finished on time, were very communicative, and did excellent work. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to others, and I’d be happy to use them for an upcoming floor refinishing job for myself-from Anthony Pinter , Google Reviews
EXCELLENT SERVICE & DETAIL ORIENTED
- We hired Unique Flooring to install hardwood flooring in our bedrooms to match the hardwood flooring throughout the rest of our house.
- WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM AND WOULD HIRE THEM BACK FOR ANY FUTURE WORK. Michael and the team provided excellent service.
- They were punctual, detail oriented, professional and considerate. It was a perfect experience and we love our new floors. Thank you – Shirley Criddle, Google Reviews
Regardless if you need to install your floor on boards or concrete we can help you resolve all your flooring problems!
20 MINUTES(or less)
ALL WOOD TYPES OF HARDWOOD FLOORING INSTALLATION
- Oak Flooring
- Mapple Flooring
- Cherry Flooring
- Bamboo Flooring
Chicago Flooring Services
We provide several flooring services that include:
- hardwood flooring
for residential, commercial and industrial hardwood flooring clients.
Hardwood Flooring Installation Tips and Tricks
If for installing solid hardwood flooring you need professional help, here are a few things you can do on your own.
- Being prepared will create less stress and trouble for both your family and the installer.
- Prior to installation, all hardwood products need to be acclimated to the new environment for at least four or five days.
- That’s why when you see open boxes and crates in your designated rooms you know it’s time to prepare for the installation by putting all furniture and other objects away.
- Another important aspect to have in mind is what is going to happen with the old floor covering.
- Remember, if you’re going to remove your old floors, do it at least one day prior to arrival of your hardwood to allow time for cleanup and floor preparation.
- If you think this is too much trouble, then your installers may remove your old flooring for you for an additional fee.
- Similarly, existing subfloors, as well as closet, room and basement doors may require preparation to receive the hardwood, or a new subfloor may be required.
- This is something you need to address with the flooring retailer or directly with your installer.
- Some installers will remove doors in order to install the hardwood and then re-hang them, but it is always important to check with your installer about their policy and cost.
Here are four important techniques used during the installation process:
Solid hardwood planks are typically installed by using nailing cleats, a wood flooring nailer and a mallet to attach them to a subfloor.
With this method, staples are used to attach the wood flooring to the subfloor with the help of a pneumatic gun. Hiring professional installers when using this method will help guarantee that the right staple gun and right size staples are used.
Using this method, adhesive or a natural resin attaches your hardwood to the subfloor. This technique is typically used to install engineered and parquets since solid plank floors can only be nailed or stapled down.
This method offers fast and easy installation because your hardwood floor is not mechanically fastened to any part of the subfloor. The hardwood floats on a thin pad which is placed between the hardwood and the subfloor, with special wood glue used to hold the pieces together.
FAMILY OWNED, LICENSED, BONDED & INSURED
DON'T SPEND MORE
A better price from a hardwood flooring contractor does not mean better work and some of our clients found themselves in the situation of spending more, before we took over, from improper estimates, lack of experieince or extended work time, job delays, claimed material availability. Check out our testimonials and reviews first!
We guarantee you that you will love your new floor. Read our stelar reviews or drop us a line to find out if we have chemistry. We aim for perfectiona and we hope you too. You choose the mode, the color, the finish, now it’s time for us to start working on installing the floor so you can enjoy it in no time.
MUST BE DONE PROPERLY
No matter what your choices are, what kind of floor you envision having, we will always have an option for you and recreate your floor to reflect your personality, style and dreams.
We stand 100% behind our work!
TIME IS MONEY FOR BOTH
You finally decided to switch the old carpet in your living room with hardwood floor. That is probably one of the best decisions you ever made and there are a few reasons why.
- First on the list is the variety of colors, textures, styles, and species that you can chose from. Also you can choose either the pre-finished or the unfinished hardwood floor, depending on your likes and style.
- No matter how diverse and unique your needs are, there is always an option for you with hardwood floors. The second advantage on the list is the low maintenance.
- Hardwood floors and floor finish are easier to clean and keep clean for a longer period of time, than carpets
- Probably one of the most important advantages of all is the indoor air quality. With hardwood floors the quality of indoor air increases substantially due to the lack of fibers, grout lines or embossing that can trap dust, pollen, particles, animal dander and allergens that for sure are to be found in a carpet covered floor.
- Hardwood floors are the best choice of flooring with allergy sufferers and improve air quality. Another important pro hardwood characteristic is its ageless quality.
- When other floors will begin to look tired and worn, your hardwood floors will still look beautiful. And your hardwood floors become more valuable as time goes by.
- Also keep in mind that unlike carpeting and vinyl, hard wood floors can be refinished rather than replaced when the finish has worn out.
Top Choice in Chicago for Best Hardwood Flooring Installation Professionals
- Unique Flooring is focused on providing excellent services with the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- The installation process can be done fast and clean, with last generation equipment and high end tools. You don’t have to worry about spending your time struggling to remove the old carpet.
- We will do that for you in a minimum of time required, as clean as possible, without any damage to walls or stairs and without interfering with your activities in any other part of the house.
- Once the carpet is out and the room cleaned, we will proceed to the installation process, following all the necessary steps to make sure that everything will come out perfect.
What is the most durable hardwood floor available?
All hardwood floors that are used for flooring are very dependable and resilient. They do have their different scales of hardness that you will find by referring to the Janka Hardness and Stability Chart. Some of the most popular species of wood that are used for flooring are Hard Maple, Red Oak, Cherry, Ash and Birch. Of these species listed , even thought they do have different scales of hardness, you will not see a great difference under normal wear and tear.
What is the difference between a prefinished and unfinished flooring?
The prefinished hardwood floor is end matched with a tight micro-beveled edge, and has up to 10 coats of aluminum oxide finish. The unfinished floors come end matched with a square edge and must be finished on site . Both floors come with a 25-year structural warranty.
How does moisture affect my hardwood flooring?
Excessive moisture can lead to numerous changes to your floor , such as cupping, buckling or cracking. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you do not use water to clean your floors.
Do I need a moisture barrier if it is above grade?
Yes. We recommend using a vapor barrier of 15-pound felt paper. This vapor barrier should be laid between the hardwood flooring and the wood subfloor to prevent any moisture from getting to the floor.